Icons can be nominated in the following 12 categories:
Best Overall/Most Creative Icons - Credit Where Credit's Due
Best Couple Icon - Ruskie Business
Best Use of Color - M.A.D.
Best Textless icon - Silence of the Lamb
Best Use of Text- Normal Is The Watchword
Best Emotional Icon - Green Eyed Monster
Best Actor/Actress Icon - The Girl Next Door
Best Use of Humor - Rashard and Wallace go to White Castle
Best Veronica Icon - Betty and Veronica
Best Character Icon (everyone exept Veronica) - Leave it to Beaver
Best Use of Cropping - Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner
Special Category - (chosen by moderators and will change weekly)
01. Do not hotlink. Please upload all nominated icons to your own server. The only case hotlinking is allowed is with permission of the icon maker, otherwise upload the icons to your own space. Recommended online photo storage: imageshack, photobucket.
02. All icons must be related to the Veronica Mars fandom.
03. All icons must abide by Live Journal's requirements: under 40KB and 100x100 pixels or smaller.
04. Please leave a comment at the icon maker's journal letting them know you're nominating them. It gives them a chance to follow the contest (if they'd like) and know their icon will be on display.
05. You can nominate up to 24 icons per week/contest.
06. You can nominate, but not vote for, your own icons.
07. Please nominate a minimum 3 different icon makers per week/contest.
08. Include the icon maker's name along with the icon when nomming.
09. Don't nominate icons in categories in which they have already won. Please refer to the winner's album if need be.
10. Place all nominations behind a lj-cut.
To save you some typing and help keep things in order, we're providing a template for you to use when nominating. It's ok to deviate from it. For example, if you'd like to nominate more than one icon in a particular category, feel free to change the coding by adding or deleting it. Highlight the following, right-click, copy and then paste it into your entry -- adding the specifics into the areas between the quotes "".
Neptune awards is a bi-monthly contest, accepting nominations over a two week period. Voting will begin on Friday night and continue until Sunday night at which time the winners and special category for the upcoming contest is announced. When voting, do not vote for yourself - those votes will be disregarded. Banners for the winners are available here. Winners, please upload the banners to your own server.